Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Birthday!!

My "art" has recently expanded to meet the boy in the kitchen.  We have been trying a bunch of new recipes and I also make him a delicious cake for his birthday!

 Homemade yellow curry with tofu!
 
 Spinach burgers in the pan.  We served them with pita bread and hummus. Yum!

Turkey and veggies quesadillas with plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream.  (trying to loose weight) 


Cookie dough fudge.  Yummy but a little too sweet for me. 

The Birthday Cake

My guy is pretty obsessed with marshmallow, so I decided it would be best to fill his birthday cake with homemade marshmallows!  I have never made them before, so I was a little scared.  They are surprisingly easy!  If you follow all the steps and are patient, they will turn out fluffy and wonderful.  So much better than the store bought kind.  Here is the recipe I used: Raspberri Cupcakes's recipe.
I added vanilla AND lavender to spice it up.  I can't wait to try out more "strange flavors"


 Of course it needed rainbow sprinkles too!

 I usually do chocolate, but I did a vanilla confetti this time.  It was super moist and delicious.  Here it is leveled with its marshmallow interior ready for icing!

 I made some extra for the top (and snacking!)

 Here is the finished product!  Happy Birthday Mr. Cody! 

So much for the dieting ...

Woa...also he died my hair red (again).  I screwed it up the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment