Monday, April 2, 2012

Department of Beautification Report #5

From our Civil Disobedience class at OSB here are some of the latest wheat pastes.  I am taking some with me to New York tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I also can't wait to be on art overload-street/museums/galleries!

Lady Bird//// 


From my strange bird series


Perfect wheat paste recipe- 1 cup water, 3 tablespoons flour, a pinch of sugar.  Heat up water, whisk in flour slowly and heat stirring continuously until the mixture thickens.  Transfer into air tight container and store in the refrigerator.  *Add mint essential oil to prolong shelf life




I also really enjoy using a rubber glove to spread the paste with my hand.  Then, you can just throw the glove straight into the garbage and you have an easy clean up.  Mod Podge from the craft store is my other secret weapon, it adds a layer of protection, a slight glossy finish, and some of my work has lasted months with it. The only downside is that it can get expensive,  especially if you are working very large.




Lastly, I also just discovered the joys of Staple's whole sheet sticker labels...ah the endless possibilities.  I have been printing out my drawings, coloring them with Coptics/AD markers, coating the stickers with acrylic medium to weather proof, and cutting them out.  They look just like wheat pastes but are faster, cleaner, and easy to stick up quick.


My neighbor's sleeping bunny :)


Natural Habitat 

1 comment: