Tuesday, April 24, 2012

30 Paintings in 30 Days

30 Paintings in 30 Days for One Strange Bird benefit

I asked 30 women to make 30 works each for an exhibit at the art center to raise funds for the gallery and a Humboldt Park women's shelter.  Of course, I decided I should also do it myself.  It is quite a challenge. Our deadline is the 30th and I still only have about 15 started.  I better get it in gear!  I also have to hang the 900 paintings in the gallery. 

Below are a couple of days in the studio.  The works are on 5 inch by 5 inch wooden masonite panels.  I am realizing my normal approach doesn't work and I have been wanted to experiment more, so I am using it as a way to open my work up a bit.    

Here is a link to ALL of the ladies work in progress: 
http://30studio.tumblr.com/















1 comment:

  1. We promise that every oil paintings that you buy from our store is 100% hand-made, which shows rich color and strong stereoscopic feeling. The quality of paint pigment is stable and the color is not easy to change, which is up to the international detection standard of environmentally friendly materials. We pursue high quality of the painting and precise control of the detail.

    ReplyDelete