Friday, January 27, 2012

Diary of a Shipwrecked Sailor

 I am painting again!  Thanks to deadlines for two upcoming shows, I'm back into it.  I've been working on a series of small works, completely different than my usual mammoth paintings.  This is in part to allow my work to open up in a way, begin to build a narrative between works, and allow for the more practical application of painting at the store! 

This is loosely based off the book "Story of a Shipwrecked Sailor" by Gabriel García Márquez.  I liken my new responsibilities as a small business owner to being shipwrecked in a way, in that I am in a liminal space and committed to a specific space for a large amount of time each week.  Anyways....more on this later, here are some photos!




 
Stargazer by Nicole Northway

New Tees!

My muse 

This is my "happy lamp" I have to use everyday so I'm not bummed in the winter 




A new technique I am trying out of using wax and printmaking techniques directly on the paintings





Nicole Northway- winter studio 


No comments:

Post a Comment