Friday, April 8, 2011

From the photo archives

My camera is broken and in the shop.  Sad news.  It has made me realize how much I've come to enjoy talking photographs and being able to look back on how the work is evolving (or regressing).   So I shall rely on words and my digital hard drive to get us through this week.

Let me try to explain in words a slight breakthrough I had around 11 p.m. last night:

1. I need to keep doing what I'm good at.  This is not necessarily repeating myself, but following ideas through until I feel they are exhausted.

2. There is nothing wrong with being interested in caves, the ocean, the forest, and mountains.  (and I don't need severed heads in the water to be relevant)

3. Spirituality is inherent in nature, there is no need to spell it out.

4. I am older now.

So in lieu of process photos, here are some studio photos from the archives:





Grad school studio at UIC summer of 2007


Undergraduate studio at University of Missouri St. Louis circa 2006


Undergraduate studio at University of Missouri St. Louis circa 2004


Undergraduate studio at University of Missouri St. Louis circa 2005


Stretching 7 X 8 canvas in the front yard Humbolt Park studio


Portrait of the artist as an angry painter


Studio at the Zhou Brothers building 2008/2009


Studio at the Zhou Brothers building 2009/2010


Studio at the Zhou Brothers building 2009/2010


Nicole Northway solo show opening, Escape Route
 at the Contemporary Art Workshop October 31st, 2008


Circa Now 




No comments:

Post a Comment